The best way to have a white smile is with preventative dentistry in Tuscon. Instead of dealing with root canals and extractions, we’ll check up on your teeth occasionally and keep them in prime condition. At Pima Family Dentistry, we’ll keep your teeth clean and prevent all future problems.
Whether you have perfect teeth or hope to prevent future problems, there’s something we can do. With the best preventative dentistry in Tucson, Arizona, you can sleep well each night knowing that your teeth are only getting healthier.
Ready for clean teeth? Get started today, and set up an appointment.
What is Preventative Dentistry?
Preventative dentistry is the regular cleaning and scanning of the teeth to prevent problems such as cavities, root canals, and dentures. With our preventive dentists, we prevent oral decay and gum disease- the two leading causes of tooth loss.
At Pima Family Dentistry, we excel in preventative dentistry by offering state-of-the-art tooth cleanings, X-ray examinations, and regular oral exams. We’ll clean your teeth and make sure they stay that way!
How can I Practice Preventative Dentistry in my Own Home?
Preventative dentistry begins in the home! While our team is happy to help you at our office, the habits set at home will generally determine the health of your teeth. While getting a routine cleaning every six months is helpful, it wouldn’t do much if you don’t brush at home! Keep your teeth clean with these oral habits:
- Brush Your Teeth. Sometimes the most obvious answers are the best. Brush twice daily with fluoride toothpaste for best results. Change your toothbrush once every 3-4 months, and remember to brush your tongue.
- Floss. Stimulate healthier gums, prevent oral infection, and remove leftover bacteria trapped between your teeth.
- Mouthwash. Remineralize the mouth, reduce acid in the mouth, and keep your breath smelling fresh!
- Straighten Teeth. If your teeth are overly crooked or overlap, this could lead to more severe problems in the future! Options such as Invisalign will correct your teeth’s posture in the comfort of your home.
- Be Wary of Sugar. Sugars, sodas, and syrups will dissolve your teeth faster than you can say “toothache.” While regular brushing and flossing will help negate the effects, large amounts of sugar are terrible for teeth.
What are the Benefits of Preventative Dentistry?
- Less Risk. At Pima Family Dentistry, we prevent tooth decay, gum diseases, and more severe problems down the road.
- Promote Good Habits. Healthy oral habits of daily brushing and flossing add up over time!
- Eliminate Bad Breath. Nobody likes terrible breath. Not only does it smell bad, but it can also be a sign of decay and infection. Regular dental visits will minimize foul breath and can remove the root of the cause.
- Save Time and Money. Would you rather spend a few minutes getting a cleaning now or a few hours with root canal treatment in the future? By eliminating future problems early, you save a lot of time.
- Whiter Smiles. With a white smile, you can make lasting impressions and live confidently. Go home each time with a brighter, more attractive smile.
The Best Preventative Dentistry in Tucson, Arizona
Preventative dentistry is valuable to anyone who wants to “prevent” further problems and keep their teeth sparkling bright! Dr. Carol McGonigle, Dr. Thomas Bell, Dr. Brian Nguyen, Dr. Richard Hibner, and our excellent team are 110% committed to keeping your teeth healthy and bright.
With preventative dentistry, we can solve tomorrow’s problems today.
Book an appointment here to get started!